It is never too late to start educating yourself financially. You may be at the beginning of your career or just want to improve your financial knowledge. It doesn’t matter what status you have at the moment: entrepreneur, manager, employee or student.
Financial education is an important element in shaping a better financial future for you. Financial education will help you maintain a financial balance, will teach you how to manage income, how to save and how to spend less, methods by which you can save money, etc.
We have compiled a list of popular personal finance books on a wide range of topics (budgeting and money management, investments, pension planning, educational costs, savings), all of which are excellent resources for improving financial knowledge.
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Hello! Please note that this post contains affiliate links. If you click through those links and make a purchase, I may earn a little something – at no extra cost to you.
Personal Financial Books
Among the library of investment books promising no-fail strategies for riches, Benjamin Graham’s classic, The Intelligent Investor, offers no guarantees or gimmicks but overflows with the wisdom at the core of all good portfolio management.
The hallmark of Graham’s philosophy is not profit maximization but loss minimization. In this respect, The Intelligent Investor is a book for true investors, not speculators or day traders. He provides, “in a form suitable for the laymen, guidance in adoption and execution of an investment policy” (1). This policy is inherently for the longer term and requires a commitment of effort. Where the speculator follows market trends, the investor uses discipline, research, and his analytical ability to make unpopular but sound investments in bargains relative to current asset value. Graham coaches the investor to develop a rational plan for buying stocks and bonds, and he argues that this plan must be a bulwark against emotional behavior that will always be tempting during abrupt bull and bear markets.
Think and Grow Rich has been called the “Granddaddy of All Motivational Literature.” It was the first book to boldly ask, “What makes a winner?” The man who asked and listened for the answer, Napoleon Hill, is now counted in the top ranks of the world’s winners himself.
The most famous of all teachers of success spent “a fortune and the better part of a lifetime of effort” to produce the “Law of Success” philosophy that forms the basis of his books and that is so powerfully summarized in this one.
I Will Teach You to Be Rich will show you:
• How to crush your debt and student loans faster than you thought possible
• How to set up no-fee, high-interest bank accounts that won’t gouge you for every penny
• How Ramit automates his finances so his money goes exactly where he wants it to—and how you can do it too
• How to talk your way out of late fees (with word-for-word scripts)
• How to save hundreds or even thousands per month (and still buy what you love)
• A set-it-and-forget-it investment strategy that’s dead simple and beats financial advisors at their own game
• How to handle buying a car or a house, paying for a wedding, having kids, and other big expenses—stress free
• The exact words to use to negotiate a big raise at work
In DeFi and the Future of Finance, Campbell R. Harvey, Ashwin Ramachandran and Joey Santoro, introduce the new world of Decen¬tralized Finance. The book argues that the current financial landscape is ripe for dis¬ruption and we are seeing, in real time, the reinvention of finance.
The authors provide the reader with a clear assessment of the problems with the current financial system and how DeFi solves many of these problems. The essence of DeFi is that we interact with peers―there is no brick and mortar and all of the associated costs. Savings and lending are reinvented. Trading takes place with algorithms far re¬moved from traditional brokerages.
The book conducts a deep dive on some of the most innovative protocols such as Uniswap and Compound. Many of the companies featured in the book you might not have heard of―however, you will in the future.
With The Total Money Makeover: Classic Edition, you’ll be able to:
- Design a sure-fire plan for paying off all debt—meaning cars, houses, everything
- Recognize the 10 most dangerous money myths (these will kill you)
- Secure a big, fat nest egg for emergencies and retirement!
Includes new, expanded “Dave Rants” sidebars tackle marriage conflict, college debt, and more. All-new forms and back-of-the-book resources to make Total Money Makeover a reality.
Rich Dad Poor Dad…
• Explodes the myth that you need to earn a high income to become rich
• Challenges the belief that your house is an asset
• Shows parents why they can’t rely on the school system to teach their kids
• Defines once and for all an asset and a liability
• Teaches you what to teach your kids about money for their future financial
The Simple Path to Wealth: Your road map to financial independence and a rich, free life by J L Collins
In this book you’ll explore:
- Debt: Why you must avoid it and what to do if you have it.
- The importance of having F-you Money.
- How to think about money, and the unique way understanding this is key to building your wealth.
- Where traditional investing advice goes wrong and what actually works.
- What the stock market really is and how it really works.
- Why the stock market always goes up and why most people still lose money investing in it.
- How to invest in a raging bull, or bear, market.
- Specific investments to implement these strategies.
A Beginner’s Guide to the Stock Market: Everything You Need to Start Making Money Today by Matthew R. Kratter
This book will teach you everything that you need to know to start making money in the stock market today.
In this book, you will learn:
- How to grow your money the smart and easy way
- The best place to open up a brokerage account
- How to buy your first stock
- How to generate passive income in the stock market
- How to spot a stock that is about to explode higher
- How to trade momentum stocks
- Insider tricks used by professional traders
- The one thing you should never do when buying value stocks (don’t start investing until you read this)
- How to pick stocks like Warren Buffett
- How to create a secure financial future for you and your family
- And much, much more
The bestselling The Millionaire Next Door identifies seven common traits that show up again and again among those who have accumulated wealth. Most of the truly wealthy in this country don’t live in Beverly Hills or on Park Avenue-they live next door. This new edition, the first since 1998, includes a new foreword for the twenty-first century by Dr. Thomas J. Stanley.
Starting a Business QuickStart Guide is Perfect For:
- Would-Be Entrepreneurs With a Ton of Passion!
- Entrepreneurial Students of All Ages!
- Beginners with Zero Prior Experience!
- Managers, Business Owners, and Decisions Makers Growing into a New Role!
- The Difference Between an Idea and an Opportunity!
- What Makes an Entrepreneurial Opportunity Great!
- The Very First Steps You Need To Take To Get Your Venture Off The Ground!
- Pricing, Competition, Customer Identification, Marketing, and Distribution Demystified!
- The REAL Components of an Entrepreneurial Mindset!
- Exactly How To Craft Your Value Proposition!
- How to Write a Comprehensive Business Plan!