100 Inspirational Love Quotes To Say, “I Love You”
Love Quotes For Inspiration
- “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” — Angelita Lim
Love is blind to imperfections.
- “I look at you and see the rest of my life in front of my eyes.”
How love feels.
- “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” — Victor Hugo
Love brings happiness.
- “All, everything that I understand, I only understand because I love.” — Leo Tolstoy
What you learn from love.
- “I’m much more me when I’m with you.”
Why love matters.
- “It’s a very dangerous state. You are inclined to recklessness and kind of tune out the rest of your life and everything that’s been important to you. It’s actually not all that pleasurable. I don’t know who the hell wants to get in a situation where you can’t bear an hour without somebody’s company.” — Colin Firth
Why love hurts.
- “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.” — Helen Keller
How love colors your world.
- “To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that’s everything.” — T. Tolis
Love is giving.
- “In order to be happy oneself it is necessary to make at least one other person happy.” — Theodor Reik
Love is unselfish.
- “Maybe the only vow we ever need to offer the one we love is this: I will never, not for a sliver of a second, make you feel alone.” — Tyler Knott Gregson
All there is to say.
- “There’s no substitute for a great love who says, ‘No matter what’s wrong with you, you’re welcome at this table.'” — Tom Hanks
Love does not judge.
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” — Lao-Tzu
Love is strength.
- “I have decided to stick to love; hate is too great a burden to bear.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
Love brings joy.
- “Where there is love there is life.” — Mahatma Gandhi
Where love lies.
- “If I could give you one thing in life, I would give you the ability to see yourself through my eyes, only then would you realize how special you are to me.”
When their happiness means everything.
- “I can’t promise to fix all your problems, but I can promise you won’t have to face them all alone.”
When you know you won’t have to fight your battles alone.
- “So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.” — Pablo Coelho
When the universe brought you together.
- “At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.” ― Plato
How love is poetic.
- “His love roared louder than her demons.”
Love makes all the negative thoughts disappear.
- “One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.” ― Sophocles
Love is freedom.
Memorable Love Quotes From Movies and Books
- “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.” — “Moulin Rouge”
There is no greater lesson in life than love.
- “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever.” — Nicholas Sparks, “The Notebook”
How love works.
- “You don’t love someone because they’re perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they’re not.” ― Jodi Picoult, “My Sister’s Keeper”
When love is real.
- “And remember, as it was written, to love another person is to see the face of God.” — Victor Hugo, “Les Miserables”
Where love is, God is.
- “I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone.” — J.R.R. Tolkien, “Lord of The Rings”
Love without end.
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” — A. A. Milne, “Winnie the Pooh”
Love means togetherness.
- “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” — Herman Hesse, “Narcissus and Goldmund”
Love is a teacher.
- “Don’t forget I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.” — Anna (Julia Roberts) to William (Hugh Grant) in “Notting Hill”
Love is vulnerable.
- “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” — Harry (Billy Crystal) in “When Harry Met Sally”
Love is crazy, mad, wonderful.
- “You have bewitched me body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you.” — Jane Austen’s “Pride & Prejudice”
Love is magical.
Short and Sweet Love Quotes
- “Once I knew you I never wanted to know anyone else.” — Leo Christopher
It only takes one.
- “Pleasure of love lasts but a moment. Pain of love lasts a lifetime.” — Bette Davis
Why love hurts.
- “Love is like war: easy to begin but very hard to stop.” — H. L. Mencken
How love works.
- “I never want to stop making memories with you.” — Pierre Jeanty
When love means all your favorite memories are with each other.
- “You can’t rush something you want to last forever.”
Love cannot be rushed.
- “We were together. I forget the rest.” — Walt Whitman
When love makes everything else disappear.
- “P.S. I love you.” — Cecelia Ahern
When you can’t help but write love letters.
- “I love you past the moon and miss you beyond the stars.” — J.M. Storm
When your love is bigger than this Earth.
- “Love you more.”
When it’s impossible to love anyone as much.
- “Saw your worst and I stayed.”
When you stick around when things get tough.
- “I looked at him as a friend until I realized I loved him.”
When your love is your best friend.
- “Darling, you are all I ever wanted love to be.”
When your love is everything you’ve ever wanted.
- “You are what I need in my life. You are my one.”
When you don’t want to live without your love.
- “The first time you touched me, I knew I was born to be yours.”
When your love was meant to be.
- “I’ll never have enough of your lips.”
When love’s kisses are addictive.
Love Quotes From Songs
- “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn Is to love and be loved in return.” — Nat King Cole, “Nature Boy”
Why love is important.
47.”And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.” — Sir Paul McCartney, “The End”
Love is give and take.
- “All of me loves all of you.” — John Legend, “All of Me”
Love is everything.
- “However far away, I will always love you. However long I stay, I will always love you. Whatever words I say, I will always love you. I will always love you.” — The Cure, “Lovesong”
When your love will last forever, no matter what.
- “You and me together, through the days and nights. I don’t worry ’cause everything’s gonna be alright.” — Alicia Keys, “No One”
True love keeps you safe.
- “It was always you.” — Maroon 5, “It Was Always You”
When love remains true.
- “And when you’re needing your space to do some navigating, I’ll be here patiently waiting to see what you find.” — Jason Mraz, “I Won’t Give Up”
Because love is patient.
- “Before the day I met you, life was so unkind. But you’re the key to my peace of mind.” — Aretha Franklin, “(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman”
Love can bring you peace like you’ve never known.
- “I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you.” — Ben Folds, “The Luckiest”
When no words can describe your love.
- “You give me the most gorgeous sleep that I’ve ever had.” — No Doubt, “Underneath It All”
Love makes you sleep sweet.
Cute Love Quotes
- “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” — Charles Schulz
Love is silly.
- “If you are lucky enough to find a weirdo, never let them go.”
When your love is just as weird as you.
- “Because I could watch you for a single minute and find a thousand things that I love about you.”
Because love makes everything beautiful.
- “I still haven’t figured out how to sit across from you, and not be madly in love with everything you do.” — William C. Hannan
When love makes you infatuated with every little thing they do.
- “In French, you don’t say ‘I miss you.’ You say ‘Tu me manques’, which means ‘you are missing from me.’ I love that.”
When you’re missing your other half.
- “Real love doesn’t meet you at your best. It meets you in your mess.”
Love is for better or worse.
- “Your voice is my favorite sound.”
When you can listen to him talk for hours.
- “I am totally completely eye-popping seriously groundbreaking passionately deliciously in love with you.”
When you’re madly in love and don’t care who knows it.
- “You’re pretty much my most favorite of all time in the history of ever.”
When love is defined by your person.
- “I remember the first day I ever looking into your eyes and felt my entire world flip.”
When you knew immediately this love was special.
- “I just wanna see you. Hold you. Hug you. Touch you. Kiss you. Cuddle with you. Love you.”
When you feel like being lovey-dovey.
- “You’re all my heart ever talks about.”
When all you do is talk about your love.
- “I love you. You annoy me more than I ever thought possible. But I want to spend every irritating minute with you.”
When you even love how much they bug you.
- “You are my favorite notification.”
When love lights up your phone.
- “We fight, we kiss, we hug, we text, we talk, we argue, we laugh, we smile, we love … That’s us.”
When your relationship isn’t perfect, but you wouldn’t want it any other way.
Romantic Love Quotes
- “I choose you. And I’ll choose you over and over and over. Without pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat. I’ll keep choosing you.”
Love is a choice.
- “I realized I was thinking of you, and I began to wonder how long you’d been on my mind. Then it occurred to me: Since I met you, you’ve never left.”
How you love like crazy.
- “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” — Leo Christopher
Love grows and grows.
- “Thinking of you keeps me awake. Dreaming of you keeps me asleep. Being with you keeps me alive.”
Love is life.
- “We are shaped and fashioned by those we love.” — Geothe
When love finds you
- “When love is not madness it is not love.” ― Pedro Calderón de la Barca
Love is wild and crazy.
- “Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused.” ― Paulo Coelho
Love is untamed.
- “Love is so short, forgetting is so long.” ― Pablo Neruda
How love should be.
- “I wish I could turn back the clock. I’d find you sooner and love you longer.”
How love begins.
- “You know it’s love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness.” — Julia Roberts
Love is unselfish.
- “I hope you know that every time I tell you to get home safe, stay warm, have a good day, or sleep well what I am really saying is I love you. I love you so damn much that it is starting to steal other words’ meanings.”
Love is the little things.
- “You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.” — Oscar Wilde
How love lasts.
- “‘Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” — Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Love is worth it.
- “When I say I love you more, I don’t mean I love you more than you love me. I mean I love you more than the bad days ahead of us, I love you more than any fight we will ever have. I love you more than the distance between us, I love you more than any obstacle that could try and come between us. I love you the most.”
How love changes over time.
- “I want you. All of you. Your flaws. Your mistakes. Your imperfections. I want you, and only you.”
Love is unconditional.
- “There is a madness in loving you, a lack of reason that makes it feel so flawless.” — Leo Christopher
Love makes you lose your mind a little.
- “She knew she loved him when ‘home’ went from being a place to being a person.” — E. Leventhal
Love feels like coming home.
- “Someone who really loves you sees what a mess you can be, how moody you can get, how hard you are to handle, but still wants you.”
Loves accepts you and all of your flaws.
- “Make sure you marry someone who laughs at the same things you do.” — J.D. Salinger
When you share the same sense of humor.
- “If you only knew how much those little moments with you mattered to me.”
When it’s the little things that matter most.
- “How strange to dream of you even when I am wide awake.” — d.j.
When you found the person of your dreams.
- “Sometimes, someone comes into your life, so unexpectedly, takes your heart by surprise, and changes your life forever.”
When your life will never be the same because love is in it.
- “And suddenly all the love songs were about you.”
When every love song reminds you of your love.
- “If I did anything right in my life, it was when I gave my heart to you.”
When love is the best decision you’ve made.
- “I love that you are my person and I am yours, that whatever door we come to, we will open it together.” — A.R. Asher
When you go through life together.
- “I was, and I remain, utterly and completely and totally in love with you.” — J.R. Ward
When you’ll be in love forever.
- “And when I loved you, I realized, I have never truly loved anyone. I realized, I never will truly love anyone the way I love you.”
When your love is one of a kind.
- “I fall more deeply in love with you, every single day.”
When your love only grows deeper over time.
- “It’s not being in love that makes me happy. It is the person that I am in love with that does.”
When your love is the only one you’ll ever want.
- “I love you, idiot.” — “Gilmore Girls”